Saturday, July 16, 2011

The Soque River

I suppose it’s almost sacrilegious to say that the best reason to visit “Mark of the Potter” is to go and feed the trout. Without question, the art inside is beautiful and people from around the world covet it. And the trout in the river below do not seem to have missed a meal ever. Fat and playful, they are an abundant presence below the shop’s deck, which has conveniently been furnished with a food dispenser that is happy to accept your quarters.

Art and fish aside, it’s the sight and sound of the Soque that draw me to the area. Today, an equally besotted North Georgia Mountains fan and I made a brief stop and I am happy to share with you the photographs I took.

Note: my friend is the REAL photographer. I am the writer who takes pictures . . .


Flanked by riparian zones, the Sogue comes around the bend. 


The rapids come into view.




A gentler waterflow approaches the feeding pool . . .


. . . immediately below the foreground's foliage.


And then the Sogue passes, going south toward the Chattahoochee.

No comments:

Post a Comment